( Four photographs. )
I'm really pleased with how it's coming along? This is the very first plot you see when you enter the site, which fact I am occasionally a little daunted by, but I am making progress and I sincerely hope sorting the raised beds out will facilitate a bunch more.
( Read more... )
Doubtless I will complain endlessly about sharks, including sharks I'd previously solved but not bothered making a note of.
Other things this evening included: takeaway dinner from Roti King with A, in the vicinity of Granary Square, followed by ice cream, because the shop I got this laptop from in the first place was on Tottenham Court Road, so by the time we'd got there sitting by the canal eating dinner while the sun went down seemed like an excellent idea.
... but for right now probably I should just do some Duolingo quickly and then head to bed...
( Read more... )
Coughing blood today, hooray!
I'll be leaving work early then.
I owe so many people PMs and replies, and I'm sorry. RPG folks, you're on the top of my list -- I only JUST saw a PM from ursula so I'm sorry to you too! -- and that one should actually happen, you know, today. People who need more info about shipping books, I will likely get that tomorrow AM, sorry for being the worst.
This has not happened since I started plaquenil, so it is probably time for a dose increase, oh boy. Er, that or it's an actual exterior infection, but I'm so used to "respiratory = autoimmune" that I wouldn't ever bet on it.
28. Let’s alternate sharing three positive characteristics of each other.
This one is awkward to do online, so I'll just list three positive characteristics of my audience.
* You're smart. You know all these incredibly cool things and you love geeking out about them together.
* You're diverse. You take my writing in directions I'd never find without you, and give me details that make it solid, even when the "official" sources suck.
* You're generous. Your donations keep our household budget going.
I squish you all so much. :D
- On Tuesday evening, my laptop ran out of battery, put itself to sleep, and lost its hard drive. I have successfully (1) not panicked much, (2) got on with my life or at least the mass spec, (3) got A to help me do some simple diagnostics, (4) taken it back to the place I got it less than a year ago and got them to order replacement parts because alas they couldn't sell me something on the spot so I could just go home and spend this evening sorting myself back out, which means that (5) I had the opportunity to dig out the 12-month repair warranty and set it to one side to take with me when I go to pick the thing back up, meaning that this Ought To Be Free.
- On Monday, we had alexwlchan around. I got some of the spinach-and-butternut-squash-and-roast-
garlic-and-ricotta pasta out of the freezer, portioned out the amount we were going to want to eat for dinner, and then absent-mindedly put the remainder back into... the fridge, not the freezer. Which means that dinner tonight -- I got in a little before eight -- is that pasta, along with the leftover tomato-and-mascarpone-sauce, only I'm the only one eating it tonight so it now also contains a slightly obnoxious quantity of chilli, plus bonus nutmeg.
- The non-existence of buses between Green Park and South Ken due to the Extinction Rebellion protest (which, yes, is very worthy, but this means there is no reasonable accessible route for me to get into work and I had machine time booked and I'm just quite augh about the ways in which this specifically fucks over disabled people massively disproportionately to the effect on people using public transport who don't need level access) led to me getting up ridiculously early this morning and then pushing from Green Park to lab via Hyde Park. This involved two pairs of Egyptian geese with three spotty little balls of fluff each. (Also there were some Loudly Beeping Moorhens, and a lot of yell birds in general.)